The first name is Aileen Grace. Aileen was my great aunt's name (my mother's aunt) and I really just think it's a wonderful name. Very classic and beautiful. I like Grace for two reasons. First, it reminds me of just how thankful I am that by the grace of God, she is healthy (so far) and my very own. Second, I like it because I think it flows so well and adds a great touch to the whole name.

The second name is Delaney Marie or Delaney Renee. Renee is of course my middle name. I never really thought about it, until my mother happened to mention it. I kind of like the idea of my little girl having something from me, even if it is only a middle name. I like Marie because it sounds pretty with Delaney (and although it is my cousin's name, she will not be named after her lol, sorry Ree). I really love the sound of Delaney. It doesn't have a particularly great meaning (from the alder grove, i think) and it's not a family name, but it's been growing on me. It's not an extremely popular name, which i like as well. It was probably my least favorite part of growing up with the name Sarah. I think it's a pretty name, but it's so popular for my generation, I was usually at least one of two if not more in my classes.

My mom and I have already gone shopping to celebrate, and she officially has her first outfit! It's very cute! Thanks Mom! It's hard to imagine I still have 19 weeks or so to go, but from what I hear she'll be here before i know it!


so are you set on one of the two? inquiring minds want to know...we want to come to L-town soon if we can swing it...before busy season.
ReplyDeleteHope you get into a groove with classes and work and all that. No time like the present. Much love from H-town...
J-dog, Teff-slice, Huddy Bear...
i'm pretty sure, unless i have an epiphany about another name. you should definitely come to L-town? lol
ReplyDeleteI have already started with my classes, i feel very productive! Thanks, J-dog, and tell Teff-slice and Huddy Bear i love them too!! haha
I love, Love, LOVE Delaney Renee!! So cute, fun, etc. And I love the idea of using your middle name as her middle name.
ReplyDeleteWe love you! Congrats!
thanks Megan! I like it too, fun to think i get to pass something on that she'll have forever! love you!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Our little girls will have lots of tea parties together! :) Love you!!!
ReplyDelete