Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ava's Check-up!

This week we had Ava's 15 month check up with our sweet doctor, Dr. Bocchicchio. It was the hardest one yet. I have become so accustomed to Ava's sweet nature and easy going attitude that it never dawned on me that it wouldn't last. I'm sure in years to come, it will return, but as far as right now, we are just not having any way but her way (or at least that's what she thinks). She screamed and cried and clung to me (and Poppy) the entire appointment. Even getting her height measured threw her into a terrorizing scream. You thought that Ms. Mary was pulling her legs off the way she was crying. Through all the poking and prodding, we managed to make it out of there with three really cool looking bandaids and a milk. We opted not to give her the flu shot as of right now, so please pray that she doesn't catch it from anyone! We feel at this time, with the little interaction that she gets on the day to day basis, she doesn't need the shot.

Her percentiles are:

Head: 98%...yes that's right, big brain!!
Weight: 80% (23 lbs. 6 oz.)
Height: 50% (30 3/8")...we are getting smaller and smaller with each visit.

We also found out that she has 9 teeth now! One molar has squeezed through on the right side, and we are patiently awaiting the arrival of the other 3 that are trying to push their way through! These are definitely effecting her more than any of the other teeth. She's a tough little girl, but I'm really looking forward to when she gets all her little teeth in!


I love this beautifully curious girl!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cutie pie!!! Oh, the shot appointments are the worse - they look at you like, "How could you let them do this to me?!?" :( I'm glad she (and you!) survived it!

    ReplyDelete